Monday, February 27, 2006

The Mold Farm.


So I just got back from a trip to California. Specifically Santa Monica and San Francisco. Talk about 2 different worlds. I do not like Santa Monica. The views are great. Nice beaches. Nice historic buildings. Nice restaurants. Crappy people. When you walk around Santa Monica not one person is smiling. Well that's not true. Some of the many homeless people wondering around may smile at you. At least they will smile while they talk to themselves and glance at you. The "normal" folk walking to and from their absolutely super important jobs, thinking about their absolutely super important lives, living in their absolutely super important city do not smile.

NOT AT ALL.

In two days of walking around this town and smiling at people in general( I now realize this might have made me look to them like a crazy person) not one person smiled back. Frowned and walked by happened a lot. But smile back??? Never happened. Not once. I did get a smile from all the employees of the Borders book store in Santa Monica while I was perusing the books. They asked if I needed help finding anything and even how was my day. And I felt that they actually ment it. Yes, I got some positive feeling at a book store. But not on the street.

When I did end up talking to some people in a bar/restaurant each day I was informed by every single person I spoke with that they are all super important people with super important lives living in a super important place.

How great it must be. To surround one self with like minded people living similar lives and having similar experiences with similar thoughts, values, ideologies,............... And apparently delusions.

This place was an emotional vacuum. I got not one wit of positive feelings/energy/impressions whatever you wish to call the overall personality of the place. As a good friend of mine said while we walked on the third street promenade there, "This place is like jackals feeding on the jackals. We have to get out of this place before we start doing the same. "

Great analogy. " jackals feeding on jackals."

You see I now believe I understand this environment. I do not like it. As a matter of fact I dislike it so much that I fear going back. However I understand it.

When you put some food in a jar and seal the lid and leave the jar outside, some mold will grow in the jar. Eventually that mold uses up all the feed. Then it starts to feed on itself. This is what has happened in Santa Monica. Its Mold feeding on Mold.

I would not insult jackals. These people are the lowest order feeding off themselves.

Later I will tell you how great San Francisco was

Chef Dino

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home