Monday, February 27, 2006

I owe a debt to San Francisco.

So after I stole away from the "Mold Farm" of Santa Monica I found myself flying into Oakland to do dinner with a possible client in San Francisco. You can imagine that after experiencing Santa Monica I was a very Leary of the City on the Bay. I could not have been more wrong.

I got off the plane and was immediately assaulted by something I had not seen in two days. Smiles. Those wonderful expressive muscle movements that made me do the same. From the people I saw as I left the airport to the foreign born cabbie to the doorman at the renaissance Hotel in downtown to the desk clerk at the other renaissance Hotel in Knob Hill. (Yes, we went to the wrong one and the clerks at both were friendly, helpful, pleasant, and professional, all at the same time.) Everyone who came across my path was just nice.

Now I did come to San Francisco for business. I met with Jason, a CTO for a software company, and later his wife Sheila also met up with us. These two people represent the epitome of what San Franciscans are. Whether or not my company does business with his company I feel like I already got paid. Joy to meet and be around. We really did not talk a lot of business. Instead we got to know each other. The have been married for 2 years but have been together for 18 years. Not originally from San Fran but both love the city. They showed me around the Pine Street area. Took me out for a great dinner and even better company. I wish I could tell them about my blog site so they would know what a great impression they made. Instead I will have to just thank the city of San Francisco and hope it trickles back some how to them.

Thanks for cleaning all the Mold off me San Francisco. I was feeling down until I got to know just a small piece of your personality.

Believe me I will be back to get more of this Fantastic place and maybe pay my debt.

1 Comments:

Blogger hippietim said...

more smiles for you:

:) :D :} :] :*P

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home