Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The Definition of Class.





Recently I have been reviewing some photos I took over the last year and this one had to be shown and explained. The Lady in this picture( and I mean Lady) is a very dear friend of mine as well as the mother of one of my best friends. I have known her since I was 12 years old. From that very first meeting, she was and always will be the best example of Class I have ever known.

So how do you define Class??? Well, if you know this woman, I would not need to define the word. However since I am sure most don't here is how I would define the word:

Elegant in all situations including adversity.

Patient with all people until patient one can no longer be.

Selfless giving.

Unconditional love granted without any expectation of return.

Humble and yet proud.

Intellect and common sense with an ability to use it to help others and the desire to do just that.

These are the things that I group together to explain class. Now in this picture this Lady is handing out Christmas presents to all the kids at her home. Half are her grandkids. The other half are friends kids. Yet while she was doing this all the children were hers. I know. I watched her hand each one out and saw the smile that never left her face as well or the faces of the kids who received her gifts. She did not single any one child for special attention and not one kid felt like she had. She did not in any way have to do any of this. Half these kids had nothing to do with her or her family. But this Lady had never missed an opportunity to do the right thing or better yet exceed what we would call the right thing without thought or need of anything in return.

CLASS. PURE AND SIMPLE.

Thank you for all the gifts you have given me through out my life lovely Lady. I am by no stretch of the word a man of class. But maybe, just maybe because of your example, I can teach my children what that means. And hope that they "Get it" like you do.

Your "Other Son".

-CHefdino-

1 Comments:

Blogger hippietim said...

Sounds like a great lady. We're pretty lucky - we've got our own great ladies too!

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home