Sunday, April 02, 2006


Being Bluecollar in a Whitecollar setting.

This week I was at meetings and met with a group of great people. Class, drive, ambition, and similar economic backgrounds to each other made this group a hard one to fit into. Being a chameleon by nature I have a tendency to take on the dominant features of a group and work from within to get to know them as individuals.

Not this one.

I decided I had to be me. Warts and all. I am a little suttle at times( yeah, like a turd in a punchbowl) My sense of humor can be a little childish. ( I like fart jokes) I am certainly not shy nor do I hide my opinions from my friends. Unlike my professional life where I have to play the role of professional aloofness tempered by sales savvy and select social comments, I decided to treat each and everyone of this certain group like I had known them for years.

I stood out like a cat at a dog show.

Bluecollar values tempered by a new southern directness that I have learned may not have gone over as well as I wanted it too. But hell, I was me. I was able to let me out of the box in a setting that would normaly I would not be in. I hope I did not upset anyone. I can tell you that everyone in this group made me feel welcome. We ate as a group and hung out as a group and I was one of the group.

If you guys ever read any of this I hope you know how much I enjoyed your company and hope you enjoyed mine as much.

Even if it is a little Bluecollar.

-CHefdino-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home